Consider that even though the internet is pretty complex, we don't
have to worry about it developing an allergy to it's users and locking
them out. Cartoon characters can't think or feel, regardless of how
faithfully they are illustrated. We should not confuse the capacity of
a living thing to have coherent experiences as a single entity with
the capacity of human consciousness to impose it's own coherence and
see it reflected in inorganic matter.