Since it's not possible to know what the point of view of biological
neurons would be, we can't rule out the contents of the cell. You
can't presume to know that behavior is independent of context. If you
consider the opposite scenario, at what point do you consider a
microelectronic configuration conscious? How many biological neurons
does it take added to a computer before it has it's own agenda?