>Regardless of what the nerve cells experience individually, if it can't be
>communicated it to other nerve cells, it can't be talked about, thought
>about, or wondered about.

I think it could be shared between nerve cells, I'm saying it's not
shared with us. We are a political partition of a living organism. The
experiences which get kicked up to us are heavily filtered, but that
filtering can be modified. Everything that we know about how the
nervous system functions is based upon our assumptions that they are
not feeling anything, and that feeling is metaphysically manifested at
some point, somehow as an 'interpretation' or 'emergent property'.

My view is that since we know for a fact that we would not be able to
detect subjectivity outside of ourselves, and we know for a fact that
we have subjectivity, and that our nervous system is made of neurons,
and that we feel through our nervous system, there is absolutely no
reason to presume that the feelings we experience do not originate
from the feelings of neurons themselves, and not only through
neurological biochemistry. The biochemistry reflects the feelings,
sure, but they operate in completely different ways. The feelings have
much more latitude in how they are propagated and stored.

Craig
http://s33light.org