On 21 Jul 2011, at 22:54, Jason Resch wrote:

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 3:35 PM, 1Z <peterdjo...@yahoo.com> wrote:

On Jul 11, 4:51 pm, Jason Resch <jasonre...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > automatic consequences which
> > arise unbidden from "from relations that are defined by
> > computations".
>
> Yes, as you say below, it is a result of processing

Although no one knows how

It is easy to imagine a simple process which is aware of a single bit of information. Let's say it is some program which is connected to a photo sensor, thus it can tell if the room is dark or light, and when the process is queried for this status it can report whether the room is light or dark. Though it concerns only a single bit, is this not an example of awareness? Perhaps human consciousness is fundamentally no different, it is just awareness of a vastly greater amount of information (more bits).

We don't need a lot of information, but just specific (self- referential relations). Then the machine first person indeterminacies on the whole arithmetical domain introduce a lot of information, indeed, it includes some infinities.

Bruno

Jason