On 7/26/2011 9:50 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
Not at all. If comp is true, consciousness is not the result of a computation.

This confuses me. I understand consciousness (according to your theory) is not the result of computing some function, i.e. one of the infinitely many programs the UD is executing. Rather it is the result of all those computations. And a state of consciousness corresponds to a state of computation which occurs in infinitely many of the UD programs. But I'm not clear on what gets Godelization. Is it the UD and all the functions it computes? Or is it each program being computed?

I know that many computationalists are wrong on this issue.