On Aug 11, 3:44 pm, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

> That's pretty much Antonio Damasio's model of consciousness.  Except
> that it's not passive perception, it's creating a coherent model from
> the different perceptions.  That's why the binocular conflict is
> resolved just by seeing one image or the other.

I see perception as both active and passive in both sensory and motive
directions. Not so much a coherent model as revealing coherence
through the blind gaps in sensitivity which invite participatory
coordination and interpretation. Perceptions are prioritized and
consolidated through conflict at each level. The subject literally is
the thread that sews perception together.