On 30.08.2011 17:11 Stathis Papaioannou said the following:
On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 11:11 AM, Craig
Weinberg<whatsons...@gmail.com>  wrote:

Right. That's the same thing I'm saying. When you decide to move
your hand, that decision corresponds to neurotransmitters firing.
It's the same thing. Considered from the 1p subjective view it's
psychology - "I want to reach for that remote control" (because I
want to watch something on TV). Considered from 3p objective view
it's neurology - executive processing regions light up efferent
neural pathways, etc.

This is voluntary movement so it is driven by the subject's
reasoning and not the nervous system's reasoning. If it were the
nervous system's reasoning, it would be involuntary. Your body
needs to warm itself up so your nervous system puts your muscles
into a shivering subroutine. There is an important difference
between voluntary and involuntary phenomena as far as the subject
is concerned, but not any inherently discernible difference when
the self is viewed as an object.

The subject feels he initiates and has control over the voluntary
movement but not the involuntary movement. That's the difference
between them. Both types of movement, however, are completely
determined by the low level behaviour of the matter in the brain,
which can in theory be modeled by a computer. No particle moves
unless it is pushed by another particle or force, otherwise it's
magic, like a table levitating.

I would appreciate if you could be more specific about the mechanism on how movement of atoms leads for example to creation of a book about consciousness. Such a book is after all just a collection of atoms, this is true. For me however a self-assembly of such a book is just a magic.

Evgenii
--
http://blog.rudnyi.ru