Interesting discourse, indeed. Brent, I would add to:

    *"usually believers cannot say what evidence they would  accept
that this          belief of theirs is wrong."*
**
the *scientific  BELIEF  (sic!) which is*  also a belief, based on
prerequisite evidences BELIEVED to be TRUE. Those precursors of such
evidences, however, come from the human mind's sweat(?) to explain what has
been misunderstood if at all. (Then, later, changed - if...).
This is the millennial-old mental 'evolution' leading to our conventional
sciences (including IMO - sorry!) math and QM as well). We know only part of
the TOTAL and pretend that it is  *A L L* . That leads to arguments between
soul and mind etc. Between the 'bible-truth' and calculated 'evidence' with
constants invented to make it a match. The Physical World figment.
We do not have the details and mechanism of the infinite complexity of the
WORLD, we work in models formulated from the little we know of (topically).
We BELIEVE they are true and 'evidenced'.

As Copernicus could not know about distant galaxies' supernovae or genetics,
etc., we cannot predict what will be the image of the average teenagers
about the world 500 years hence.
May I refer to the great Cohen-Stewart book's (Chaos) aliens
(Zarathustrans?) with a different math and logic from ours? It is an
excellent try.

John