On Sep 28, 10:26 am, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:
> On 27 Sep 2011, at 22:35, Craig Weinberg wrote:
> > On Sep 27, 9:20 am, Stathis Papaioannou <stath...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Noooo. Millions of neurons fire simultaneously in separate regions of
> > the brain. Your assumptions about chain reactions being the only way
> > that neurons fire is not correct. You owe the brain an apology.
> Digital machines can emulate parallelism.
> In all you answer to Stathis you elude the question by confusing
> levels of explanation.
> So either you postulate an infinitely low level (and thus infinities
> in the brain), or you are introducing the magic mentioned by Stathis.

Yes, this is just a tangent, I'm trying to show that the model of the
brain as a chain reaction is factually incorrect. I agree, parallelism
says nothing about whether it's computational or not, it's just that
Stathis is trying to actually claim that psychological processes
cannot drive lower level neurology.