On Sat, Jan 7, 2012 at 4:11 AM, Evgenii Rudnyi <use...@rudnyi.ru> wrote:

> >You are free to express your opinion and I am free to express mine. Don't
> you agree?

Yes, and Feyerabend should be free to say anything that pops into his head
no matter how silly, and I should be free to call him an idiot for doing so.

> > If you believe that Feyerabend contradicts with historical research, it
> would be more meaningful instead of using propaganda to show his mistakes
> in history.

The problem is not historical research, I have no disagreement with any of
the facts Feyerabend presents, I do however have a massive disagreement
with his opinion regarding those facts, such as:

"The church at the time of Galileo was much more faithful to reason than
Galileo himself" or "its verdict against Galileo was rational and just".

Frankly it just boggles my mind that well into the 21'st certury somebody
could read those lines and NOT call their author a complete idiot.

> I personally find the use of the word 'Idiot' inappropriate.

Would "fool" be more appropriate, how about "moron"? Apparently you do
think the word "idiot" should be removed from the English language, I
disagree. I believe there is solid evidence that idiots do in fact exist
and the language needs a word to describe someone who behaves idiotically
and "idiot" is a excellent candidate for such a word. And off the top of my
head I can't think of a better example of an idiot than Feyerabend;
assuming he was not just trying to be provocative and get attention, in
which case he was not a idiot but only a hypocrite.

> This term is more appropriate for propaganda but not for science.

OK but why change the subject, what's Feyerabend got to do with science?

  John K Clark