On Jan 27, 1:31 pm, John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 8:03 PM, Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > With the second law of thermodynamics, it seems like heat could only
> > dissipate by heating something else up.
>
> The second law says that energy will tend to get diluted in space over
> time, and heat conducting to other matter is one way for this to happen but
> it is not the only way. Photons radiating outward in all directions from a
> hot object is another way energy can get diluted. But among many other
> things, you don't think photons, or logic, exist so I doubt this answer
> will satisfy you.

It would satisfy me if I you had some examples, but I don't think that
you know the answer for sure. If a vacuum is a good insulator (like a
vacuum thermos) and a perfect vacuum, as far as I have been able to
read online, is a perfect insulator. Electricity and heat pass from
object to object, not from space to space. Please point out any source
you can find to the contrary. What little I find agrees with vacuums
being insulators of heat and electricity.

Craig