On 04 Feb 2012, at 21:11, meekerdb wrote:

On 2/4/2012 10:53 AM, acw wrote:

One can wonder what is the most "general" theory that we can postulate to explain our existence. Tegmark postulates all of consistent mathematics, whatever that is, but is 'all of consistent mathematics' consistent in itself?

Tegmark has realized the problem with "all consistent mathematics" and more recently has considered only Turing computable universes.

Computable universe => comp, but
comp implies a priori non computable universe
so: computable universe can't work.
Tegmark is still failing to see the comp first person indeterminacy, I'm afraid.

This does not prevent the possibility that some particular universal dovetailer wins the "measure battle" in the limit. Yet, to solve the mind-body problem, even if that is the case, we have to derive it from *any* universal dovetailing, or universal system base. Indeed, we might have to derive it from the arithmetical quantization BDp, in the "material hypostases". They are already independent of the choice of particular implementations.