Inevitable result?  A neural network is a complex statistical processor (as
opposed to being tasked to sequentially process and execute).  The brain may be
partitioned but it's all neurons.  Given stochastic processes in the brain, not
much is an inevitable result - just probable results.  "Invites our
participation:"  To whom / what does "our" refer?  The networks in our heads
are us, not something "we" posses.

Gandalph