On Sun, Jun 3, 2012  meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

>   > You're hung up on the idea that purposeful action must be
> predictable.  Apparently you never studied game theory.

I'm no world class expert but I've taken several college courses on game
theory and I know enough to understand that there has been no difficulty in
incorporating the ideas of that discipline into computer programs, indeed
many recent advances in game theory have come from the results of computer
experiments. So are computers purposeful? Do computers have this thing you
call "free will"? If not why not.

  John K Clark