On 6/3/2012 9:53 AM, John Clark wrote:
On Sat, Jun 2, 2012  meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net
<mailto:meeke...@verizon.net>> wrote:

    > "Agent" might be defined as an entity with acts unpredictably

Without a reason.

    > but purposefully.

With a reason.

    > But both of those are a little fuzzy.

That's not fuzzy, it's idiotic.

You're hung up on the idea that purposeful action must be predictable. Apparently you never studied game theory.

You can arrange the words free, decide, choose, purpose, reason, pick, voluntary and unpredictable in any order you like but it won't change the fact that at the end of the day things happen for a reason or things don't happen for a reason.

   John K Clark

Brent
"I've given you an argument. I'm not obliged to give you an understanding."
    --- Oliver Heaviside