On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 11:54 AM, Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 4, 8:57 pm, Stathis Papaioannou <stath...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> If you want to think that, fine. If it upsets you, I'm sorry. If it
>> upsets you and therefore you conclude that it's not true, then your
>> thinking is fallacious.
>
> There's nothing upsetting about it, I just don't understand how we can
> talk about deciding that we are powerless to make decisions. I'm
> trying to figure out how that makes sense to anyone.

If it doesn't make sense to you then you can append "pseudo-" whenever
you talk about deciding something or having free will. We make
pseudo-decisions and have pseudo-free will. People who make bad
pseudo-decisions get into trouble; I did it against my pseudo-will
because he held a gun to my head; and so on.

--
Stathis Papaioannou