On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 5:06 AM, John Mikes <jami...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Stathis:
> in my simplicity: "free is free" and "pseudo" means "not really". So:
> pseudo-free will is not free (will), only something similar. Restricted by
> circumstances. Or so.
> I allow into my 'deterministically' constrained free will(!) a free
> choice from available variants. I know nothing about how to apply it: how
> the unknowable (hidden? not yet disclosed?) factors incluence my decision,
> so I say "I have a choice. Same way the less agnostics say: free will.
> Please correct me if you know more.
> Thanx
> John M

I think it's a matter of semantics. I could say I still have a choice
even if my actions are determined by my brain and my environment. If
my brain and/or my environment had been different, I could have chosen
differently. That is compatibilism. The incompatibilists would say
that I don't have a choice if my actions are thus determined. But the
incompatibilists still live their life making decisions like everyone
else.

--
Stathis Papaioannou