On 23 Jun 2012, at 18:02, John Clark wrote:

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012  Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:
> Something is not primitive if you can derive it from something simpler.

You don't think the electron is primitive, so show me how to derive its mass, spin, and electrical charge from something simpler.

We must first derive its existence/appearance. But the beginning is given by AUDA. You have to be sure to grasp the first person indeterminacy, because it is the building brick of the derivation of physics, which I recall, is given by a statistics on computations as seen by internal points of view, captured informally by the logics of self-reference and its modal variants imposed by incompleteness.

Most plausibly electrons and particles arise from universal group symmetries, and formally braiding operators should appears in the semantics of some of those hypostases.

It is also possible that some properties of the electron are "geographical", so that comp would make existing consistent physical realities with electron having different properties, which would no more be physical, but contingent. Open problem.

But you can already understand, if you do the work, why we have to do this when assuming comp, which is the technical point.