On 6/24/2012 10:06 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
And then if I luckily succeed in computing the electron mass 9.10938291×10^-31 kg, Brent will tell me that we already knew that, and ask for something else.

Well if you do it by luck... But of course I'd be very impressed if you could calculate it just from comp+arithmetic. But I'd be less impressed if you just showed that it must be one of all possible numbers.

More realistically, shouldn't comp+arithmetic be able to make some basic predictions like: QM must be based on complex Hilbert spaces (not real, quateronic or octonic). Or the level at which spacetime is discrete (if it is).