On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 8:55 AM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

>> You don't think the electron is primitive, so show me how to derive its
>> mass, spin, and electrical charge from something simpler.
>>

> > We must first derive its existence/appearance.

But that was exactly what I asked you to do! If you tell me what the mass,
spin and electrical charge of electrons are you've told me just about all
there is to say about the existence/appearance of electrons. So if you
don't think electrons are primitive you must be able to derive them from
something simpler. What is that derivation?

> Most plausibly electrons and particles arise from universal group
> symmetries, and formally braiding operators should appears in the semantics
> of some of those hypostases.

Well that all sounds real nice, real scholarly, but the trouble is there is
no reason for me to think you're right until your theory can actually
produce some numbers. We know that the mass of the electron is 9.10938291×10
-31 kg, we know this from experiment, so show me how to derive this number
from something simpler and I will concede that there is something to your
theory after all.

>You have to be sure to grasp the first person indeterminacy

Show me how to calculate  the number 9.10938291×10-31 from "first person
indeterminacy" and I will be sure that "first person indeterminacy" is
something that is worth grasping.

 John K Clark