From: Russell Standish
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-08-09, 18:55:39
Subject: Re: Definitions of intelligence possibly useful to computers in AI
ordescribing life

The point being that life need not be intelligent. In fact 999.9% of
life (but whatever measure, numbers, biomass etc) is unintelligent.

The study of artificial life by the same reason need not be a study of
artitificial intelligence, although because of a biases as an
intelligent species, a significantly higher fraction of alife research
is about AI.