Hi Bruno Marchal

You say, "a non living computer can supported a living self-developing life

Do you mean support instead of supported ? Or what do you mean ?

Roger , rclo...@verizon.net
From: Bruno Marchal
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-08-12, 05:17:45
Subject: Re: Definitions of intelligence possibly useful to computers
inAIordescribing life

On 11 Aug 2012, at 13:07, Roger wrote:

Hi Russell Standish

When I "gave in" to the AI point of view that computers can posess intelligence,
I had overlooked the world of experience, which is not quantitative. Only
living things can experience the world.

You are right. But a non living computer can supported a living self-developing
life form, unless you postulate that infinitely complex substances are at play
in the mind.