I think the "Qualia" is the philosophical term

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qualia

Steven Pinker at the end of his book  "how the mind works" recognizes that
all the brain functional modules  explained in the book say nothing about
the qualia. It says that we can not understand this mystery in the same way
that a monkey is incapable to understand the plot of a film.