From: John Clark
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-08-12, 13:24:42
Subject: Re: Severe limitations of a computer as a brain model

On Sat, Aug 11, 2012 at 6:47 AM, Roger <rclo...@verizon.net> wrote:

> Computers are quantitative instruments and so cannot have a self or feelings

Do you have any way of proving that isn't also true of your fellow human
beings? I don't.

> intution is non-computable

Not true. Statistical laws and rules of thumb can be and are incorporated into
software, and so can induction which is easier to do that deduction, even
invertebrates can do induction but Euclid would stump them.

? John K Clark ?

?