From: Bruno Marchal
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-08-18, 09:46:24
Subject: Re: The difference betrween abstract and concrete

On 18 Aug 2012, at 13:59, Roger wrote:

Hi meekerdb -- I go with the dictionary:

ab穝tract/ab strakt/ Adjective:Existing in thought or as an idea but not having
a physical or concrete existence.

con穋rete/k n kret/
Adjective:Existing in a material or physical form; real or solid; not abstract.

The dictionary has been written in the Aristotelian era. That will not work if
we are machine. In that case a better definition might be on the line of:

Concrete: a precise natural number

Abstract:  anything else.

Bruno

8/18/2012