On 18 Aug 2012, at 13:59, Roger wrote:

Hi meekerdb -- I go with the dictionary:

ab·stract/abˈstrakt/

Adjective:
Existing in thought or as an idea but not having a physical or concrete existence.
con·crete/känˈkrēt/

Adjective:
Existing in a material or physical form; real or solid; not abstract.

The dictionary has been written in the Aristotelian era. That will not work if we are machine. In that case a better definition might be on the line of:

Concrete: a precise natural number

Abstract:  anything else.

Bruno

8/18/2012
Leibniz would say, "If there's no God, we'd have to invent him so everything could function."