On 02 Sep 2012, at 16:38, Platonist Guitar Cowboy wrote:

It depends what standards for and quality of information you have on something.

People shouldn't judge what they do not understand. Bruno you understand what Krokodil entails, with solid information, so trying it is nonsense. But I don't think most understand what Cannabis entails because of misinformation. To most people what Krokodil entails is the same as Cannabis.

I let a singer songwriter make the point lacking in this thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhKq9JvssB8

:)

Paraphrasing old Nietsche:
Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.

To which I would add:
They should be asked to leave, or at least get out of the way.

I think we agree, OK? (or I miss something?).

Prohibition is exactly what makes information impossible. If all drugs were legal, Krokodil would never have appeared, and everybody would know that cannabis is less toxic (if toxic at all) compared to crack, meth, and krokodil (except it would not exist in that case).

If cannabis was not illegal, nobody would ever hide its many medicinal qualities.

The deep point is that food and drug is not the business of any collectivity. People should be judged on the harm they do, not on the speculation that they might react in some way with some products. Prohibition is dangerous as it kills democracy, notably.

Like the NDAA, fortunately suspended by the supreme court. It would have made possible to detain without trial, for arbitrary time anyone belonging to a fuzzy category of "suspects of threat", like if the human rights were not universal: it makes no sense to delimitate a class of people to whom the human rights and the constitutional right don't apply. Prohibition and NDAA belongs to the family of tyrannic technic to maintain anti-democratic powers.