I agree with those statements. I just found the discussion a bit biased
towards "the dangers of Cannabis" and lacking in perspective.

For instance, it was claimed, and still is often claimed "Cannabis reduces
motivation". The notorious British pot writer Howard Marks replies to this
in his book "Mr. Nice", as a very motivated trafficker and smoker of
marijuana in the 70s and 80s, that (I paraphrase) "when on Cannabis, its
just very difficult to do the things you really don't want to do. It's the
plants way of reminding us that we are free to pursue the things we want
to, and if we're just more serious about being lazy enough, we can probably
devise ways of securing our lives with less effort. But doing the things we
like, Cannabis is a motivator. It's natural that somebody working in an
job-environment exploiting them, will not want to work if they take a
couple of puffs. I don't think they're demotivated, but if stagnation and
depression persists, they should probably relax more, reorient their lives
to making a more enjoyable living, more easily. And if not they should
forget Cannabis."

It also forces teens to become inventive with their laziness, as they go
seek out liminal cracks between the edifices of civilization and nature.
The places teenagers retreat to, when they get stoned: forest edges,
panoramic vistas in nature, some magical hidden spot in a park. In the age
of getting lost in Facebook and fancy mobile phones, this escapist behavior
is relatively benign, if not positive for development of mind.

Sure it can be dangerous when people get locked in their own boredom and
don't pick up the sense of letting go of fixed ideals, to pursue something
better; but mostly they do and relative to background of other addictions
and the behavioral modifications they produce, the dangers are relatively
small, and that a "cannabis ideology" paired with an open mind, is one of
the few dependencies, that reverberate beyond personal satisfaction and
create benefits for society, as all the books, poetry, art, thinking, and
music it has inspired, are aimed at relaxing our fixations with threats,
evils, making judgements and instead, chilling us out a bit. This type of
dis-inhibition is more benign than alcohol.

I find media consumption, gambling, and nursing of the majority of
obsessions and fetishes to some form of "fixed ideal" people lock
themselves up with, much more problematic. So yes, we agree on the
prohibition things, that there are danger etc. but I thought it should be
noted equally, that there are benefits for more than billionaires and rich
people, and that these are not exceptional in any way. It's just not talked
about for obvious reasons, even though we all benefit from the creative
attitudes of beatles, stones, hendrix, or pink floyd etc. once in awhile.