On 9/7/2012 10:27 AM, Roger Clough wrote:
Hi Stephen P. King
It does have some problems if you include non-euclidean geometry and all of that. But I equate necessary with rational (in that realm). You can simply answer Yes or No.

Dear Roger,

My questions cannot be captured in such crisp terms as I am not even sure of the premises of my questions. Exploration requires complete and transparent honesty with oneself. We cannot search for truth as if it where at some location on a map, to do so is to search for the end or rainbows.

Roger Clough, rclo...@verizon.net <mailto:rclo...@verizon.net>
9/7/2012
so that everything could function."

    *From:* Stephen P. King <mailto:stephe...@charter.net>
    *Receiver:* everything-list <mailto:everything-list@googlegroups.com>
    *Time:* 2012-09-07, 10:01:22
    *Subject:* Re: Where do numbers and geometry come from ?

    On 9/7/2012 7:21 AM, Roger Clough wrote:
    Hi Stephen P. King

    I believe that what is necessarily true (rationally true)
    had to be always true and thus a priori.

    Dear Roger,

        But this is just a matter of definition. It remains to be
    explained how the necessity is achived and how it is so in the
    many possible worlds.

    Man may think he
    created numbers or whatever, but whatever was there
    before man (to allow physics etc. to happen) something else
    had to create.Man simply discovered numbers.

        Certainly we can agree that we have a common concept of
    "numbers" but they are not concrete entities that we can locate in
    our "space" and "time" and do not have any other properties such
    as mass, charge, spin, duration. Therefore we have to not use the
    same terminology and "common sense" with numbers as we do with
    ordinary objects of the world. One of my motivations as a student
    of philosophy, is to explore multiple ways to bring the common
    sense in alignment with the requirements of abstractions, like
    numbers and to look forward from this alignment to see what might
    be indicated or predicted.