From: Craig Weinberg
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-09-05, 21:12:22
Subject: Re: Sane2004 Step One

On Wednesday, September 5, 2012 3:13:05 PM UTC-4, Brent wrote:
On 9/5/2012 5:17 AM, Craig wrote:
The test that I would use would be, as I have mentioned, to have someone be
> walked off of their brain one hemisphere at a time, and then walked back on.
> Ideally this process would be repeated several times for different
> durations. That is the only test that could possibly work as far as I can
> tell - of course it wouldn't prove success or failure beyond any theoretical
> doubt, but it would be a pretty good indicator.

How would that work?  The person would always respond to questions, like, "Do
you feel any different?" in exactly the same way.  How would you tell whether
they really felt the same or just said they did?

It would work because the person responding to the questions would be you. You
would know what the experience of surviving the brain transfer was like. That
is how you can tell whether you really felt the same is by actually feeling the
same.

Craig