On Fri, Sep 7 2012, Roger Clough <rclo...@verizon.net> wrote:

> machines, even computers, IMHO in practice have no intellectual or
> feeling facilities, are no more than dumb rocks.

Computers may or may not have feelings but that is of no concern to us, if
they don't it's their problem not ours; however those "dumb rocks" can and
do outsmart us on a regular basis and the list of things they are superior
at gets longer every day. The very title of this thread just screams
whistling past the graveyard.

 > So there is no more communication with God possible than there would be
> with an abacus.

Now that I agree with 100%, computers are no better at talking to God than
a abacus is.

  John K Clark