From: meekerdb
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-09-06, 15:03:44
Subject: Re: The All

On 9/6/2012 11:52 AM, Brian Tenneson wrote:

A too much powerful God leads to inconsistency.

What if reality does not always obey the laws of logic?  What if reality is
sometimes inconsistent?

This is a confusion of levels. Logic is rules about truth preservation in
declarative sentences.  Not 'obeying the laws of logic' just means declaring
inconsistent sentences.  We try to avoid this because such utterances would
have no determinate meaning.  So a *descriptions* of reality may be
inconsistent (and therefore useless) but reality is just whatever it is.  It
can't be inconsistent because it's not assertions.