On 9/8/2012 12:38 AM, Evgenii Rudnyi wrote:
On 9/7/2012 1:11 AM, Evgenii Rudnyi wrote:

This could work provided we could separate the world into
mental and physical states. The question remains though if
under physicalism one says that mental states are actually
physical states. Then I do not know how to employ such a
consideration in this case.

I don't see the problem?  Are you saying that two statements
cannot be contradictory because they are both part of reality
(which would not depend on them being physical)?

Brent

Let us try to employ this statement according to the physicalism
expressed by Hawking in Grand Design. Everything is determined by
the M-theory and a human being is just a biological machine. Then
we find two states both described by the M-theory, one
corresponding to a consistent statement made by a human being and
another to an inconsistent one. What is difference between
consistent and inconsistent in this context?

The statements can be inconsistent with one another and still both
consistent with M-theory.  I still dont' see the problem?

I do not know if this is a real problem. Yet it is unclear to me how inconsistency could emerge in the framework of the M-theory.

Evgenii