On 08.09.2012 19:32 Stephen P. King said the following:
On 9/8/2012 11:34 AM, Evgenii Rudnyi wrote:
On 08.09.2012 15:27 Stephen P. King said the following:
On 9/8/2012 9:12 AM, Evgenii Rudnyi wrote:

I would say that the image in the mirror is a visual illusion
created presumably by the brain. Don't you agree? Then it is
exactly a relationship between mental and physical states but
not in the form of ideas but rather images.

Evgenii

Hi Evgenii,

Yes I agree. What essential difference is there between ideas
and images?

An idea could be "red" for example. Yet, I am not sure how to
describe the three dimensional world with "spatial extension to the
perceived horizon and dome of the sky" that I observe as an idea.

Evgenii

Hi Evgenii,

I will try to explain. An idea is an "abstract image", IMHO. For
example, consider all possible objects that have some thing that
could be recognized as "being red". We form an equivalence class from
this with the equivalence relation "red". Thus Red is the equivalence
 relation on the equivalence class of all possible objects that have
some thing that could be recognized as "being red". This should hold
for *any* abstract and shows a fundamental relationship between the
concrete and the abstract. Category theory offers a wonderful set of
tools to analyze these kind of concepts.

Sorry, I do not understand how the 3D visual world that I observe is formed based on this theory.

Evgenii