On 9/9/2012 12:27 PM, Evgenii Rudnyi wrote:
On 08.09.2012 23:19 Stephen P. King said the following:
On 9/8/2012 2:12 PM, Evgenii Rudnyi wrote:
On 08.09.2012 19:32 Stephen P. King said the following:

Hi Evgenii,

I will try to explain. An idea is an "abstract image", IMHO. For
example, consider all possible objects that have some thing that
could be recognized as "being red". We form an equivalence class
from this with the equivalence relation "red". Thus Red is the
equivalence relation on the equivalence class of all possible
objects that have some thing that could be recognized as "being
red". This should hold for *any* abstract and shows a fundamental
relationship between the concrete and the abstract. Category
theory offers a wonderful set of tools to analyze these kind of
concepts.

Sorry, I do not understand how the 3D visual world that I observe
is formed based on this theory.

Evgenii

Dear Evgenii,

You are asking me to explain to you in English the way the relevant
part of your brain generates the particular subjective experience
associated with the image one has of oneself in a mirror. I cannot do
 this right now and maybe never, it may be impossible to explain in
English. We might have to use other language that does not have the
inherent logical ambiguities and rules built into it.

Do you mean that although you cannot express it in English, you could implement it in some hardware+software?

By the way, a quote from You are not a Gadget:

"The point of the project is to find a way of making software that rejects the idea of the protocol. Instead, each software module must use emergent generic pattern-recognition techniques—similar to the ones I described earlier, which can recognize faces — to connect with other modules. Phenotropic computing could potentially result in a kind of software that is less tangled and unpredictable, since there wouldn't be protocol errors if there weren't any protocols."

Could you use your technology to develop such a thing?

Evgenii

Hi Evgenii,

How would a robot that has visual sensors respond to a mirror in its path <http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=How+would+a+robot+that+has+visual+sensors+respond+to+a+mirror+in+its+path&oq=How+would+a+robot+that+has+visual+sensors+respond+to+a+mirror+in+its+path&gs_l=serp.12...755337.755337.0.756587.1.1.0.0.0.0.95.95.1.1.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.2.G8qGMiTyTh8&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=d6947c89b83a8fba&biw=1120&bih=596>?

--
Onward!

Stephen