On Tuesday, September 11, 2012 1:20:49 PM UTC-4, Bruno Marchal wrote:

> Look how lawful and rich a very simple program, less than 1K, can define:

Statistically, shouldn't we see this simple 1K sequence frequently in
nature? I mean precisely. Shouldn't there be hundreds of species of beetle
that have patterns on their backs which are derived exclusively from the
Mandelbot set.

Also, having heard Mandelbrot as audio data instead of visual, I can say
that the impact of the experience is diminished by orders of magnitude. It
may only be visual sense that makes something as meaningless and recursive
as Mandelbrot look interesting to us.

Craig