On Thursday, September 13, 2012 2:05:34 PM UTC-4, Jason wrote:

>> They don't come from the simple definition. They come from your retina
>> and visual cortex. That's what I am trying to tell you. There is nothing
>> there but the meaningless seed.
>>

> Were do you propose my retina gets it from?

I think that it could be said that the retina is already 'made of' them.
One way to think of it is that the retinal cells that we can examine under
a microscope are like a facade that is expressed public-structural-topology
terms. What those microscopic bodies 'really' stand for is evolved
capacities to experience. They are Qualia magnifiers in a community of
qualia magnifiers. The grander the history and bandwidth of qualia, the
more like a 'self' it is. We are an experience, and so is the universe. I
don't claim to be able to describe this well, I think that we are
brainwashed so heavily by 20th century legacy models that it is going to
have to be enough just to realize that matter and energy are nothing but
perception and participation that has been turned inside out by timespace.

Craig

Craig