From: Bruno Marchal
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-09-12, 06:29:20
Subject: Re: The self (the amygdala) and the triune brain

On 12 Sep 2012, at 12:03, Roger Clough wrote:

Hi Bruno Marchal

Self can include personality, history, ID, whatever,
but it has as its central, essential feature a point of focus
which is a unity: a substance, to use Leibniz's
vocabulary.

Which is not the "substance" is the materialist sense. OK.
The unity of self can be explained by the way we can make a soft, immaterial
entity, having a self. No need to postulate more than numbers and elementary
operations.

Bruno

Roger Clough, rclo...@verizon.net
9/12/2012