On 11 Sep 2012, at 15:04, Craig Weinberg wrote:

Hi Roger,

No, that is not what the article says:

"Researchers who have studied a woman with a missing amygdala"

"S.M. suffers from an extremely rare disease that destroyed her amygdala."

It's as straightforward as it can be. The idea that the amygala constitutes the entire experience of selfhood is not supported in any way.

She lost "only" fear apparently. She will have to be cautious "manually" so to speak. She might need the fear of others to survive.

Bruno

Craig