From: John Clark
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-09-17, 13:40:03
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: the "nothing but" fallacy.

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 7:34 AM, Roger Clough  wrote:

>God loved the believers and hated the nonbelievers, at least that's what the
>Bible tells us.

Yes that's what the Bible says, it says that a omnipotent omniscient being is
pretending that
He does not exist and He hates anyone that He has been successful at fooling
and will torture
that person as much as He can for a infinite number of years. But he loves you.

It's easy to see why a human would push that load of crap because it gives
influence over others,
and its easy to see why they want it taught to the very young, at that age
anything said by a
authority figure bypasses the critical thinking areas of the brain and directly
becomes a axiom,
which he will eventually pass on to his children someday; trying to peddle that
horseshit to a
adult for the first time would never fly. The brain just works differently when
we're very young, its much easier to learn a language and we believe everything
we're told. Most adults don't believe in Santa Claus even though they once did
because they were told by their parents when they were still quite young that
he didn't exist, if they waited until they were 17 to be informed it would be
too late and they wouldn't have believed them because " Santa Claus exists"
would have already have become fixed as a axiom that cannot be questioned. And
we'd be living in a world were most adults believed in Santa Claus and were
dreaming up all sorts of ingenious excuses why we can never manage to detect
him or his workshop at the north pole.

What I don't understand, because it seems so out of character, is if God does
exist why
He would place belief, in particular the belief in something when there is
absolutely
no reason for doing so, as the ultimate virtue.?

? John K Clark

?