On 9/20/2012 12:55 PM, Craig Weinberg wrote:

On Thursday, September 20, 2012 7:19:30 AM UTC-4, rclough wrote:

    Hi Craig Weinberg
    Consciousness requires an autonomous self.

Human consciousness requires an autonomous human self, but it is not necessarily true that consciousness requires a 'self'. It makes more sense to say that an autonomous self and consciousness both require awareness.

What if awareness is what happens when autonomous self and consciousness mirror each other?

    So does life itself. And intelligence.

We don't really know that. We can only speak for our own life and our own intelligence. I wouldn't presume a self, especially on low levels of awareness like molecular groupings.

    So, I hagte to say this, but perhaps consciousness and life may be a
    problem with mereology, don't know.

Why is it a problem. Mereology is the public presentation of life, and the private presentation is the opposite: non-mereology.

    Huh? non-mereology. What is that?

--
Onward!

Stephen