On 9/16/2012 8:26 AM, Roger Clough wrote:
Hi Stephen P. King
Now I see your problem with Chalmers.
It seems to be too sweeping a remark,
but Leibniz would agree. because
God, who is the supreme monad, causes all
to happen. Mind is the ruling power.
As I say below,
"If there's no God, we'd have to invent him
so that everything could function."
Roger Clough, rclo...@verizon.net <mailto:rclo...@verizon.net>
9/16/2012
so that everything could function."
Hi Roger,

I would agree completely with you but I cannot because of the phrase "causes all". To cause something implies that there is a choice to act or not to act, God does not have this freedom, God, in his omnipotence, does all things and does not do anything at all. Our confusion flow from our inability to see ourselves as part of God. We are the ones that cause things, we are the expression of God's Will.

--
Onward!

Stephen