On Saturday, September 22, 2012 5:49:49 AM UTC-4, rclough wrote:

> Hi Craig Weinberg
>
> I would classify your items as follows:
>
> MENTAL (outside of spacetime) :  All experiences, dreams, delusions,
> information, mathematics, logic, time,
> space, feelings, thoughts, ideas, numbers, life itself, God, monads,
> mathematics, physical laws themselves,
> theory of any type.

Huh? You are classifying "time, space" as "(outside of spacetime)".

If we recognize that experiences and dreams, feelings, thoughts, ideas,
life itself, rely on significance which builds through story-like
relations, and that they are not only cognitive but wordlessly emotional
then I don't think that "MENTAL" is a meaningful category nor is it correct
to consider these things separate from time. God, monads, physical laws,
logic, mathematics, information, theories, etc are accessed through
experiences in time, but represent space-like cognitive level qualia.

> PHYSICAL (within spacetime): Anything with dimensions, anything you can
> measure with physical instruments
> (even indirectly), weigh or see under a microscope or telescope, mass,
> energy, force, velocity, time, distance,
> voltage, optical or sound intensity, wave amplitude, dna type, cancer
> type, living tissue, dead tissue,
> flesh (brain).

I reject the assumption that the experiential aspects are not 'physical'
since our feelings and thoughts are profoundly and directly affected by
physical changes. It makes more sense to understand that the difference is
in public persistence across space as bodies as opposed to private
experience through time as significance.

Craig