From: Stephen P. King
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-09-22, 15:40:12
Subject: Re: Does Platonia exist ?

On 9/22/2012 5:34 AM, Roger Clough wrote:
> Hi Alberto G. Corona
>

> If we can define what we are talking about, most of our problems
> will be solved.
>
> That is why I believe we ought to use the Descartes-Leibniz definition
> of physical existence as that which is in spacetime (is extended).
> Thus the brain exists.
>
> Nonphysical existence (mind) is that which is not extended in space and
> hence is said to be nonextended or inextended.
> I have been referring to this type of existence as living,
> but number does not seem tpo be alive since it does not change
> while living things do. I sucggest that we use the term "mental"
> for inextended entities.
>
> Then both number and mind are mental.
>
> Roger Clough,rclo...@verizon.net
> 9/22/2012

Dear Roger,

     The only problem that I see is that the term "living" has an
associated schemata of meaningfulness. It would be better, I argue, to
cleanser the term "existence" of its vague and nonsensical associations
and use it for the necessary possibility of both the extended and
non-extended aspects of the One.

--
Onward!

Stephen