So suppose there is a choice to be made. A or B.  Is there software that
enables the computer to independently choose A or B.
What about a neural network of many "nodes" and "connections" that has been
through many epochs to the point where its outputs perfectly
*resemble*pseudorandom number sequences?  Or put more simply, if its
behavior cannot
be predicted, does that make it independent?