On 9/25/2012 7:07 PM, Jason Resch wrote:

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 5:37 PM, Stephen P. King <stephe...@charter.net <mailto:stephe...@charter.net>> wrote:

    On 9/25/2012 10:24 AM, Jason Resch wrote:

    On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 7:35 AM, Roger Clough
    <rclo...@verizon.net <mailto:rclo...@verizon.net>> wrote:

        Hi Stephen P. King

        Yes, I think that the structures and
        attributes of matter are provided
        by a creator (the All, the supreme
        monad, or God). Plato used the analogy
        of geometrical shapes for his structures.

    But if you believe in "the All" do you also believe there are
    other types of matter, other universes, other planets with
    intelligent beings, etc?

    Hi Jason,

       Yes. If we cannot prove that their existence is
    self-contradictory then we should consider them as "possible".
    Just because I cannot experience or imagine something is not a
    proof of impossibility.

I agree with you here. But then this seems to contradict the notion that *this* world is the best of all possible worlds, unless by "this world" you mean the All. After all Leibniz said "Everything that is possible demands to exist."

Hi Jason,

Well said! I think that Leibniz' idea that "*this* world is the best of all possible worlds" has a stipulation that was not stated! It only seems to make sense that Leibniz was defining "this world" as the world that "we" observe *and* communicate about with each other. It is the best possible by necessity as it is impossible for us to experience any other lesser version. We have least action rules in physics that are nice demonstration of this...