From: Stephen P. King
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-10-16, 09:08:49
Subject: Re: Is consciousness just an emergent property of overly
complexcomputations ?

On 10/16/2012 8:54 AM, Richard Ruquist wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 8:29 AM, Craig Weinberg wrote:
>> >Computation is an overly simplified emergent property of sense. If you
>> >could
>> >have computation without sense, then there would be no consciousness.
>> >Craig
>> >
> Could you provide a link where you more fully explain what sense is
> and how it relates to comp and consciousness? You probably already
> have. But I missed it.
> Richard
Hi Richard,

     Unless you are a zombie, you are experiencing right now exactly
what Sense is. Only you can know exactly what the Sense of Richard
Ruquist and Craig can only experience (and thus know) what his Sense
is. What you need to understand is that Sense is strictly 1p, it has no
3p aspect. You either experience your own version of it or, like Dennett
and the materialist, try to deny its existence.

--
Onward!

Stephen