On Friday, October 26, 2012 11:46:23 PM UTC-4, Stephen Paul King wrote:

> > All of it ultimately has to be grounded in ordinary conscious
> > experience. Otherwise we have an infinite regress of invisible
> > homunculi translating crystalline manifolds in compactified space into
> > ordinary experiences. At what point does it become necessary for
> > vibrating topological constructs to imagine that they are something
> > other than what they are, and to feel and see rather than merely be
> > informed of relevant data?
> >
> > I am confident that ultimately there can be no reduction of awareness
> > at all. Awareness can assume mathematical forms or physical substance,
> > but neither of those can possibly generate even a single experience on
> > their own.
> >
> > Craig
> Hi Craig,
>
>    All of this discussion is below the level of conscious
> self-awareness. At most there is just raw perception, the basis
> distinguishing of is from not is.

Hi Stephen,

I'm not seeing why the problem would be any different any particular level
though? If you have experience, then sure, a manifold can possibly have an
experience or be experienced by something that can, but if there is no
theory for primordial perception in the first place, no amount of
topological position indices will generate it. All that Calabi-Yau does is
make an interesting shaped body, but the body still has nowhere to put a
mind or a self, much less a reason for those things to ever exist.

Craig