On 24 Oct 2012, at 14:31, Stephen P. King wrote:

http://www.frontiersin.org/Perception_Science/10.3389/fpsyg.2012.00390/abstract
   Comments?

If verified it might confirms Helmholtz intuition that "perception" is "unconscious anticipation".

It would be the Dt of the Bp & Dt. It is natural with the finding that when we "perceive objects" a big deal of information does not come from the data but from the brains (memories, constructions, gap fillings, ...)

Some comment in your links above seems to confirm this analysis, but I have not really the time to dig deeper.