2012/10/24 Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be>

> On 24 Oct 2012, at 14:31, Stephen P. King wrote:
>
>  http://www.frontiersin.org/**Perception_Science/10.3389/**
>> fpsyg.2012.00390/abstract<http://www.frontiersin.org/Perception_Science/10.3389/fpsyg.2012.00390/abstract>
>>    Comments?
>>

> If verified it might confirms Helmholtz intuition that "perception" is
> "unconscious anticipation".
>
> It would be the Dt of the Bp & Dt. It is natural with the finding that
> when we "perceive objects" a big deal of information does not come from the
> data but from the brains (memories, constructions, gap fillings, ...)

I struggle with the psicho-slang to ascertain what they really said.

>From some comentaires:

 The title and intro leave out the fact that a likely cause -- cited by the
highest-quality study -- is the experimental methods. I am curious if any
of the experiments attempted to automate both stimulus presentation and
data analysis to avoid experimenter effects.

   -

It may be a variation of the case of subtle perception of the experimenter
intentions by the subjects under test.

I remember the case of a Horse that apparently know how to multiply
numbers. The horse stopped khocking on the floor when the experimenter
moved in a certain way when the number of knocks reached the correct
result. The experimenter did not realized that he was sending the signal
"enough" to the horse.

This may be a more sophisticated case of the same phenomenon. In this case
the signal could be "be prepared because we are going to do this or that".
Neiter the experimeinte nor the subject of the experiment have to be
conscious of that signal. There are a largue number of bad psychological
experiments with these flaws. One of the last ones, the subject of these
experiment was myself with my otolaryngologist who, to test my audition
performance, advised me when I supposedly must hear a weak sound instead of
shut up and wait.

--
Alberto.